Reduced! – Villa in Muro de Alcoy 340 sq m built over four floors villa for sale in Muro. Beautiful garden very well mantained. Heating. Air conditioning. Fireplace. Double glazed. Fitted wardrobes. Garage. Storage room. BBQ. Pool. Big and nice covered terrace, with summer dining area, where you can enjoy the Mediterranean climate. Tranquil location. Private plot of 4800 sq m but not isolated. Close to all facilities you may need. This charming villa is situated in Muro, only 5 minutes driving to Alcoy-Alicante, a nice city of about 95000 inhabitants where you can find all facilities you may need: shopping centre, restaurants, university, supermarkets, shops, theatres, hospitals among others. With an excellent network of roads (highways) facilitating access to the airports of Alicante and Valencia. At only 40 minutes from the beach.
Early viewing recommended, this will NOT be on the market for long.
Alcoy (Spanish: [alˈkoi]) or Alcoi (Valencian: [aɫˈkɔj]) is an industrial and university city and municipality located in the province of Alicante, Spain. The Serpis river crosses the municipal boundary of Alcoi. The local authority reported a population of 95,526 residents in 2010.
The first traces of human presence in the area date to c. 60,000 years ago, when Neanderthal hunters settled here. A site with rock paintings, dating to c. 10,000/6,500 years ago, has been discovered near la Sarga. From around the mid-3rd millennium BC people started to move from the caves to the plain where cereals were grown, while mountain fortifications were erected (Mola Alta de Serelles, Mas del Corral, Mas de Menente, El Puig).
Buildings with artistic or historical interest in the city include:
- Llonja de Sant Jordi, designed by the architect Santiago Calatrava. Made during the years 1992-1995.
- De Dins Square, a neoclassical square in the city center of Alcoy.
- Iglesia arciprestal de Santa María (Alcoy)
- Hermitage of St. Anthony the Abbot (14th-18th centuries)
- Conventof Sant Agustí, reconstructed in the 18th century with paintings of the 16th century
- Catholicchurch of Santa Maria, in Valencian Baroque style
- Torre de Na Valora, a watchtower from the 13th century
- Barchell Castle(13th century), of likely Muslim origin. It has a rectangular keep and a court with a rainwater tank.
- Museu Alcoià de la Festa, museum dedicated to the Moors and Christians of Alcoy, where the visitors can experience all the details, aspects and feelings surrounding this internacional festival.
- Archaeological Museum Camil Visedo, established in 1945.
- Shelter of Cervantes, a air-raid bunker of the Spanish Civil War(1938).
- Firefighters Museum of Alcoy